Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lemon Cilantro Hummus

Ok, again, I'm really bad about this, but I ate all the hummus before getting a picture. And it was literally 3 BIG meals worth of hummus! I ate it for dinner the night I made it, lunch and then dinner the next day! I mean, I used pretzels and cucumbers for dipping, but considering the hummus was my main meal, I guess it's not too bad, right? ;)

Anyway, at the request of many people, I decided that this one had to be added to my blog! I love, love, LOVE easy and delicious recipes with few ingredients. This is just about as simple as it gets. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Lemon Cilantro Hummus

2 cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
(I use organic, because hey, it's still really cheap. ;) )
1/2 a large bunch of cilantro

1/4 tsp cumin

1/4 salt (or to taste)

1/2 small fresh jalapeno, chopped

all the juice from 1 large lemon

1/4 cup water

Optional: 1/4 cup tahini. I say optional because I didn't have it this past time, and it was absolutely delicious without it. Not to mention lower in calories by far. The only drawback is that you don't get the good fats from the tahini. So just choose whichever suits you!

Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until desired consistency. I like mine super smooth, so it takes a while. But chunky might also be nice. Taste after pulsing it a while and see how you like it! Add salt if necessary. You will need to play around a bit with the seasonings to see what you like more of. These are kind of base ingredients. I adore the lemon cilantro combination, and to me, it needs no adornment. :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment