Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back to life...

I thought long and hard about it, and I decided to stop thinking about it. Anything that is lurking in my life that would cause me to write poetry. I'm done struggling with demons for now. I'm too happy in other places in my head to stay there too long anyway. There will be a time in the future when I will face the pain in my life, but that time is not now. For now, I just live. And I go to the gym. But only for an hour a day now. I still love the gym, and I still have a serious desire to always be there, but when it started affecting my life in negative ways, and I realized I was actually addicted to it, I decided to rethink it. I, like most people out there, am striving for balance in life. Feeling guilty for not working out two hours one day is not balance. I am still working out everyday, but just for an hour. I like it for now. I miss my old schedule (creature of habit, if you didn't know that already) and I am sad that I'm having to give up my classes so I have time to train for the triathlons in June and August, but I signed up for them, and I better damn well be able to finish them. So tonight: Swimming. Anyway, that's just my life right now. Status: happy and less busy. Not writing poetry. Not being overly contemplative or pensive. Just being. We'll see how long this can last...

On the flip side, I am actually done planning my mom's trip to Italy. I'm helping my cousin out with a few details of her trip to England in a few weeks, and I should be getting to planning our prospective trip to Spain this October. I've been a beach bum lately, but it's not going to be too long (always around my anniversary) and I'm going to want some mountains. Back to planning...

No comments:

Post a Comment