Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 15: Missed my deadline

This poem prompt was to be to write a poem about a deadline. Being that I do not do very well with stress, I felt obliged to miss this poem's "deadline," and write it a day late. Here it is, finally.

And for those who don't know, fall of my senior year, I took 24 hours in college. I wanted to finish on time with the degrees I wanted, so I had to do it. Here's how it panned out.

04/15/2010: Deadline poem

Twenty-Four Hour Semester

My eyes unfix
Words scatter
Coming back together
In alphabet soup

Two German essays
Japanese kanji test
Spanish short story
Two bullshit assignments
For classes I can’t even recall
All due tomorrow

After perfecting my
Homemade cookie recipe
I’m not tired
But all I can do is sleep
And hope that 24 hours
Is enough for them

No comments:

Post a Comment